Did You Just Have a Baby? Ummmm.....No!

I was horrified when someone who had not seen me in a long time asked if I had just given birth!  Nope, as a matter of fact, I have never given birth.  Rude as this was, wow was it a wakeup call to lose some weight.

Welcome to my journey.  I have a history of gaining weight, losing weight and gaining it back again.  This last time it came back with a vengeance.  My sob story begins with laziness.  At first it was skipping a few workouts, eating out too much and having too many cheat days.  Eventually everyday became a cheat day and I stopped working out completely.  Then the dark days set in.  I hurt my back in May and was out of work for two months.  I ate and ate and ate and ate.  I lived in sweatpants.  When it was time to go back to work, none of my clothes fit.  This put me into a deeper funk and I ate some more.  I finally got to the point where I was eating a bag of Doritos and a Hershey Bar every single afternoon.

Here's the thing about food.  It is comforting.  I feel sad, I eat.  I feel bored, I eat. I'm angry, I eat.  You get the picture.  This blog is about taking back my health.  I'll focus on my weight loss journey (I started 4 days ago), recipes (I'm a vegetarian), animal related things (I'm a dog groomer and I foster kittens), makeup and skincare (I sell it as a side hustle) and whatever I fancy on a given day.  It is my blog afterall!


In full disclosure- In 2014 I was 124 pounds and in a size 2.  Today I am 153 pounds and a size 8/10.  I'm still rehabbing my back so my workouts are not super intense, but my calorie counting sure is!  I may never be 124 pounds again, and that is OK.  For me, it is about feeling healthy and feeling comfortable in how I look. I did Isagenix before and I never felt better, so I'm trying it again.  Basically I will eat 2 shakes a day, a healthy meal and healthy snacks. The shakes really do taste great and I'm not really hungry. Don't mind my duck lips in this photo- I was trying to sell a lipstick color on my Facebook page that day!



 Skinny girl popcorn has been a lifesaver for me in the afternoon to replace my Dorito fix. 




This blog is for all of you struggling, or for those of you who are here to support me.  I hope I can entertain, encourage and help you feel like you are not alone.

xoxo
Kristine

Comments

  1. Margie Johnson. I hear ya girl, you got this I know. you can do anything you put your mind to do. My prayers are with you. I'll be starting my transformation very shortly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment